M17 Specifications and Sweet Pea Details
Beam: 7′ 4″
Length: 17′ 2″
Length at Waterline: 15′ 10″
Weight (dry): 1550 lbs – what Jerry said it should be … more likely ~1600# to 1800#
Ballast: 580 lbs. (in ’84 model these are steel punching in skeg keel + cast iron centerboard)
Draft: 3′ 6″ board down, 1′ 9″ board up
Sail area: 100% foretriange – 154 sq. ft.
Sails – all tanbark colored made by McKibben.
- Main, modified to be loose foot, with two reef points
- 110 jib
- 150 jib
Sweet Pea has aluminum toe rails.
Four winches –
- Jib sheet winches port and starboard cockpit combings.
- Jib halyard winch on cabin roof to port of companionway.
- Centerboard winch mounted inside cabin just below the companionway.
Small ‘cuddy’ galley to port with sink and shelf for single burner stove (I use a butane burning ‘Max Burton’).
Narrow, but long, quarterberth to starboard.
V-berth forward (compression post ‘bisects’ the berth).
Under v-berth are storage, battery and porta-potti (a Thetford 260 will fit).
Hatch just forward the mast.
- Master battery switch
- Four circuit master panel
- 2 x 12-volt aux. plug
- 2 x USB power ports
- 12V meter
- single cabin light
- All around white masthead light
- Bi-colored bow light on bow pulpit
- Battery is a group 24
- 30 watt solar panel on the forward hatch
- 110V battery charger
Cockpit lockers –
- Deep locker (open to interior) port side.
- Shallow locker starboard side (very very shallow and does not open to boat interior)
- Stern locker: any water coming into cockpit drains to this location where it then drains overboard through two thru-hulls; this locker will accept a 3-gallon external tank for an outboard motor and has a hole in the transom to pass the fuel line. (The locker has been sealed off and properly vented to safely store a gas can.)
Adjustable motor mount (on Sweet Pea the mount is located starboard of the rudder, the ‘usual’ side is port).
Transom boarding ladder.
4HP Suzuki outboard (’03 model).
Trail-Rite trailer with ‘extend a hitch’.