I purchased Sweet Pea, a 1983 Montgomery 17, hull number 375, built by Jerry Montgomery, in 2009. This site details my travel, thoughts and projects playing, sailing and working on this, my second Montgomery sailboat (my first was Scred, an M15).
- About The Owner – information about me.
- The Boat – Specifications and a few details about SWEET PEA
- Pictures – up close and personal shots of SWEET PEA. More photos of me doing thing with and on the boat are in BLOG posts and on my Instagram site.
- Momma Kitty – all about my sailing cat!
- BLOG – stories, comments and general doings on the boat. There is a search function so you can find details on my activities such as: trips, mishaps, repairs and maintenance.
- Sailboat Links – some of my favorite resources for Jerry Montgomery designs and favorite boating related sites.
Lyle Hess states about his design, “I am extremely proud of our [Jerry’s and my] Montgomery 17. [The boat is] fast, able, and comfortable vessel … being stable and extremely closewinded in open waters.” The sail plan is a masthead sloop. The cabin has a small ‘cubby galley’, v-berth and 1/4 berth.